Ramsey Debt-Free Degree Scholarship Giveaway
Copyright 2019 Lampo Licensing, LLC, all rights reserved.
1. Who Is Eligible: You must be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and at least 13 years of age. You must also be enrolled in a public or private high school or equivalent homeschool program. You must be classified as a high school freshman, sophomore, junior or senior. United States and Tennessee laws will govern this giveaway and contest. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Product purchases or other interactions with The Lampo Group LLC (“Lampo”) or SpeedyPrep LLC (“SpeedyPrep”) will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. See more details below regarding eligibility restrictions.
2. Who Is Not Eligible: Executives, owners, and employees of Lampo or of radio stations carrying The Dave Ramsey Show®; ELP’s or other vendors of Lampo; any executive or employee of Lampo or SpeedyPrep; persons working on this giveaway at any level in any capacity or working for any outside companies or agencies involved in this giveaway or contest, or if any of your immediate family members fall into any of these categories, you are not eligible. Immediate family is defined as spouse, children, and parents.
3. How to Enter: The sweepstakes may be entered online or through the mail. All entries will be treated equally regardless of entry method. Limit one (1) total entry per person. Enter by one of the following methods:
(1) Online Entry: Entrants may enter by completing all portions and submitting the Ramsey Debt-Free degree scholarship Giveaway “The Giveaway” once, during the entry period, at the following URL: www.anthonyoneal.com/giveaway. Students will answer five true/false questions. They do not need to answer them correctly in order to be eligible to win.
(2) Mail Entry: Mail your entry to The Lampo Group, LLC, Attn: Ramsey Debt-Free Degree Scholarship Giveaway, Ramsey Education, 1011 Reams Fleming Boulevard Franklin, TN 37064. Your mail-in entry must include your name, address, telephone number, guardian phone number, email, high school name and a simple statement affirming your desire to be entered into the Ramsey Debt-Free Degree Scholarship Giveaway sweepstakes.
4. Entry Period: Entries will be accepted from September 30, 2019 (12:00 p.m. CDT), through October 31, 2019 (11:59 p.m. CDT) (“Entry Period”).
The Giveaway must be completed and submitted during the Entry Period for the entrant to be qualified to win. Limit one entry per person.
Prizes: The following prizes will be offered:
a. One (1) $5,000 college scholarship
b. Two (2) $2,500 college scholarships
Prizes will be delivered to winners in one of two ways:
- Directly to a bona fide educational institution: The Lampo Group will pay the scholarship directly to a bona fide educational institution on behalf of the winner. The educational institution must be an accredited post-high school, public or private college, university, technical, trade or vocational school. The scholarship must be used for the summer or fall semester after they graduate from high school or otherwise foreit the scholarship. College expenses are defined as tution, fees, room and board, books, school supplies, or other expenses required by the educational institution for attendance and partication in the student’s academic program. In addition to all other requirements of these Rules, scholarship winners must show proof of acceptance to and enrollment in the educational institution prior to payment of the scholarship. The prize must be paid to the school by December 31, 2019.
- A 529 account: The Lampo Group will open a UTMA “Uniform Transfers to Minors Act” 529 account and will fund the account in the amount of the prize winnings. Some fees are required which may decrease the available balance of the account. Ramsey Solutions will be the account owner and the winner will be the beneficiary. Ramsey Solutions is not liable for growth or depreciation of the value in the account. Ramsey Soulutions will work directly with a SmartVestor Pro to set up this account. Once the winner comes age of majority in their state, they will be able to become account owner. These funds are for college expenses. Using them for other expenses could cause tax implications.
5. Selection of Winners: Winners will be selected at random.
a. Scholarships: Eligible entrants having participated in The Giveaway will be entered for a random computerized drawing. The first eligible entrant drawn will win the $5,000.00 scholarship. The second and third eligible entrants drawn will each win $2,500.00 college scholarships. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries. If prizes are forfeited or winners do not claim prizes, Lampo may, but is not required to, draw alternate winners.
b. Drawing: The winners will be drawn as soon as practicable after the close of the entry period, estimated to be November 6, 2019.
6. Winner Obligations: The prize winner is required to execute an affidavit of eligibility as well as a sponsors' liability release. Winner will also be required to show proof of enrollment if the prize is beign paid directly to the institution. Winners under the age of 18 must also provide written parental consent and release before receipt, payment and/or distribution of any prize. Noncompliance within these obligations may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Unless prohibited by law, the winner grants to The Lampo Group, LLC the right to use and publish their names and appropriate images in print, and in any other media in connection with this giveaway, for advertising and promotional purposes (not as an endorsement of any product or service) without additional compensation. The winner must sign and return an appropriate IRS form, if applicable, before receiving a prize. Winners must satisfy all obligations within seven (7) business days of notice of winning.
7. Incomplete or Multiple Entries: One entry per person. Multiple automated entries, entries submitted by others on your behalf, or entries submitted by you using different identities or addresses will be considered fraudulent, rendering you ineligible for any prize on any day. Incomplete entries will not be eligible to win.
8. Cumulative Prizes: The total value of all prizes awarded during this giveaway will be $10,000.00.The scholarships are valued at $5,000.00, $2,500.00 and $2,500.00
9. Entries Not Received: No sponsor shall be responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become the property of Lampo and will not be returned. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Neither product purchases nor email or mobile opt-ins will increase an individual's chances of winning.
10. Taxes: All taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the prize winners. Winners must sign required IRS forms before receiving any prize. Pursuant to IRS Circular 230, these Rules nor any other communication regarding this giveaway is for the purpose of helping you avoid any penalties that may be imposed by federal tax law, and no affected taxpayer may use this giveaway or its rules in that manner.
11. Entrant's Agreement: By entering, you agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions we make regarding this giveaway, which are final and binding on all matters. If you do not agree to that, please do not enter.
12. Announcing Winners: Winners will be announced on or before November 29, 2019. Winners will be notified of their winnings via a telephone call or email to the contact information provided by the entrant.
13. Signing Documents: If you win, you will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a release before you receive your prize. If you decide you would rather not sign the release which we submit to you, you will not receive your prize.
14. Entrant's release: Entrants agree (a) that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the sweepstakes or any prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Williamson County, Tennessee; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering but in no event attorney's fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entry hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages increased or multiplied. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT EXLCUSION OF LIABILTIY FOR INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues or questions concerning validity, construction, interpretation or enforceability of these rules, entrant's rights or obligations, or the rights or obligations of the sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to any choice of law rules.
15. Termination of Giveaway: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify anyone who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the sweepstakes if anything required for its conduct should malfunction or be deemed illegal. Should this sweepstakes be terminated prior to the end of any entry period, which we may do at our sole discretion, a notice will be posted on www.anthonyoneal.com/giveaway.
16. Jurisdiction and Venue: Tennessee law applies to this giveaway. Void where prohibited for any reason. All disputes resulting in legal action shall be resolved in the courts of Williamson County, Tennessee, and Entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. Should sponsors find it necessary to seek legal assistance to enforce their rights, their damages, if any, shall include its reasonable legal expenses and fees.
17. Disclaimer: Sponsors assume no responsibility for anything that happens outside of our control to delay or prevent your entry, and we assume no responsibility for anything within our control that delays or prevents your entry except where by the exercise of ordinary care we could have kept it from happening or promptly corrected it. Sponsors assume no liability whatsoever related to the prize, including any tax or other issues associated with acceptance, use of the prize, or contracting with the prize provider. Sponsors are not responsible for any tax implications of the acceptance of any prize and make no representation regarding the tax implications of accepting the prize or using any service of prize provider.
18. Winners' List: To learn who won, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Lampo Group, LLC, Attn. Debt-Free Degree Scholarship Giveawy, Ramsey Education, 1011 Reams Fleming Boulevard Franklin, TN 37064. Requests received later than thirty (30) days following the last drawing date will not be filled.
19. The Sponsor: This giveaway is cosponsored by us, The Lampo Group, LLC, 1011 Reams Fleming Boulevard Franklin, TN 37064, and SpeedyPrep LLC, 401 Cypress St. Ste. 222 Abilene, TX 79601.