Ramsey May Debt-Free Degree Scholarship Giveaway Sponsored by Kaplan
Copyright 2020 Lampo Group, LLC, all rights reserved.
1. Who Is Eligible: You must be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and at least 13 years of age. You must also be enrolled in a public or private high school or equivalent homeschool program; an accredited post-high school; a public or private college or university; or a technical, trade or vocational school. You must be classified as a high school or college freshman, sophomore, junior or senior or a technical, trade or vocational school student. United States and Tennessee laws will govern the Ramsey May Debt-Free Degree Scholarship Giveaway Sponsored by Kaplan (the “Sweepstakes”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Product purchases or other interactions with The Lampo Group, LLC (“Lampo”) will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. See more details below regarding eligibility restrictions.
2. Who Is Not Eligible: Executives, owners and employees of Lampo or of radio stations carrying The Dave Ramsey Show; ELPs or other vendors of Lampo; persons working on this Sweepstakes at any level in any capacity or working for Kaplan or any outside companies or agencies involved in this Sweepstakes; previous winners of Ramsey Debt-Free- Degree Scholarship Giveaways; and immediate family members of anyone who falls into any of these categories are not eligible. Immediate family is defined as spouse, children and parents.
3. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes may be entered online or through the mail. All entries will be treated equally regardless of entry method. Limit one (1) total entry per person. Enter by one of the following methods:
(1) Online Entry: Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by providing all of the require information at the following URL: www.anthonyoneal.com/may-giveaway. Entrants may only submit one entry.
(2) Mail Entry: Entrants may mail their entry to The Lampo Group, LLC, Attn: Ramsey May Debt-Free Degree Scholarship Giveaway Sponsored by Kaplan, Ramsey Education, 1011 Reams Fleming Boulevard, Franklin, TN 37064. Your mail-in entry must include your name, address, telephone number, guardian phone number, email, school name and a simple statement affirming your desire to be entered into the Sweepstakes. Entrants may only submit one entry.
4. Entry Period: Entries will be accepted from May 1, 2020 (12:00 p.m. CT), through June 1, 2020 (10:00 a.m. CT) (“Entry Period”).
The Sweepstakes must be completed and submitted during the Entry Period for the entrant to be qualified to win. Limit one entry per person.
5. Prize: One (1) $2,500.00 college scholarship
The Prize will be delivered on behalf of the winner directly to the bona fide educational institution in which the winner is enrolled or is accepted and planning to enroll within the next 12 months. The educational institution must be an accredited post-high school, public or private college, university, technical, trade or vocational school. Students who are in high school at the time of entry must use the scholarship the summer or fall semester immediately after they graduate from high school. Students who are enrolled in college at the time of entry must use the scholarship the semester immediately following the Sweepstakes. College expenses are defined as tuition, fees, room and board, books, school supplies or other expenses required by the educational institution for attendance and participation in the student’s academic program. In addition to all other requirements of these Rules, scholarship winners must show proof of acceptance to and enrollment in the educational institution prior to payment of the scholarship. If a winner is unable to comply with these terms by June 30, 2020, they will forfeit the Prize.
In the event, the winner is not currently enrolled in or accepted and planning to attend a bona fide educational institution, the winner must have or must open a UTMA “Uniform Transfers to Minors Act” 529 account and Ramsey will fund the account in the amount of the Prize. Some fees may be required, which may decrease the available balance of the account. The winner or a legal guardian will be the account owner, and the beneficiary must be winner. Ramsey Solutions is not liable for growth or depreciation of the value within the account. Ramsey Solutions may recommend a SmartVestor Pro to assist with the set-up of this account. These funds are for college expenses only. Using them for other expenses could cause tax implications. If a winner is unable to comply with these terms by June 30, 2020, they will forfeit the Prize.
The Prize is non-transferable.
6. Selection of Winner: Winner will be selected at random.
Eligible Sweepstakes entrants will be entered into a random computerized drawing. The first eligible entrant drawn will win the $2,500.00 scholarship. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries. If the Prize is forfeited or winners do not claim the Prizes, Lampo may, but is not required to, draw an alternate winner. The winner will be drawn as soon as practicable after the close of the entry period, estimated to be June 5, 2020.
7. Winner Obligations: The Prize winner is required to execute an affidavit of eligibility as well as a Lampo liability release. The winner will also be required to show proof of enrollment if the Prize is being paid directly to the institution. If the winner is under the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction they must also provide written parental consent and release before receipt, payment and/or distribution of the Prize. Noncompliance within these obligations may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of the Prize or Prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Unless prohibited by law, the winner grants to The Lampo Group, LLC the right to use and publish their names and appropriate images in print, and in any other media in connection with this Sweepstakes, for advertising and promotional purposes (not as an endorsement of any product or service) without additional compensation. The winner must sign and return an appropriate IRS form, if applicable, before receiving the Prize. Winners must satisfy all obligations within seven (7) business days of notice of winning.
8. Incomplete or Multiple Entries: One entry per person. Multiple automated entries, entries submitted by others on your behalf, or entries submitted by you using different identities or addresses will be considered fraudulent, rendering you ineligible for the Prize. Incomplete entries will not be eligible to win.
9. Cumulative Prize: The total value of the Sweepstakes Prize is $2,500.00.
10. Entries Not Received: Lampo is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become the property of Lampo and will not be returned. Neither product purchases nor email or mobile opt-ins will increase an individual's chances of winning.
11. Taxes: All taxes on the Prize are the responsibility of the Prize winner. The winners must sign required IRS forms before receiving the Prize. Pursuant to IRS Circular 230, neither these Rules nor any other communication regarding this Sweepstakes is for the purpose of helping you avoid any penalties that may be imposed by federal tax law, and no affected taxpayer may use this Sweepstakes or its Rules in that manner.
12. Entrant's Agreement: By entering, you agree to abide by the terms of these official Rules and by the decisions we make regarding this Sweepstakes, which are final and binding on all matters. If you do not agree to that, please do not enter.
13. Announcing Winners: Winners will be announced on or before June 30, 2020. Winners will be notified of their winnings via a telephone call or email to the contact information provided by the entrant.
14. Signing Documents: If you win, you will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a release before you receive your Prize. Winners under the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction must also provide written parental consent and release before receipt, payment and/or distribution of the Prize. If you decide you would rather not sign the release, you will not receive your Prize.
15. Entrant's Release: Entrants agree (a) that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any Prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Williamson County, Tennessee; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering but in no event attorney's fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages increased or multiplied. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT EXLCUSION OF LIABILTIY FOR INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues or questions concerning validity, construction, interpretation or enforceability of these Rules, entrant's rights or obligations, or the rights or obligations of Lampo, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to any choice of law Rules.
16. Termination of Sweepstakes: Lampo reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify anyone who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if anything required for its conduct should malfunction or be deemed illegal. Should this Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the end of any entry period, which we may do at our sole discretion, a notice will be posted on www.anthonyoneal.com/may-giveaway.
17. Jurisdiction and Venue: Tennessee law applies to this Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited for any reason. All disputes resulting in legal action shall be resolved in the courts of Williamson County, Tennessee, and Entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. Should Lampo find it necessary to seek legal assistance to enforce their rights, their damages, if any, shall include its reasonable legal expenses and fees.
18. Disclaimer: Lampo assumes no responsibility for anything that happens outside of our control to delay or prevent your entry, and we assume no responsibility for anything within our control that delays or prevents your entry except where, by the exercise of ordinary and reasonable care, we could have kept it from happening or promptly corrected it. Lampo assumes no liability whatsoever related to the Prize, including any tax or other issues associated with acceptance, use of the Prize. Lampo is not responsible for any tax implications of the acceptance of the Prize and makes no representation regarding the tax implications of accepting the Prize.
19. Winner’s List: To learn who won, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Lampo Group, LLC, Attn. May Debt-Free Degree Scholarship Giveaway Sponsored by Kaplan, Ramsey Education, 1011 Reams Fleming Boulevard, Franklin, TN 37064. Requests received later than thirty (30) days following the last drawing date will not be filled.
20. The Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Kaplan Inc., 6301 Kaplan University Ave. Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309.
22. Rights Claimed: This Sweepstakes and these Rules are Copyright 2020 by Lampo Group, LLC, and all rights are reserved. All rights to our trademarks and trade names owned by Lampo Group, LLC, and its affiliates, are likewise reserved.